The CHEF Allocations Committee is now accepting and reviewing grants each month from October to April. Grants must be submitted by the 10th of each month to be considered at the Board meeting at the end of the month. Thank you. Please remember to submit your grant early!
CHEF Teacher Grants provide funding for projects that enrich education and give our students opportunities they may not otherwise have. This includes funding for STEM, arts and other programs, classroom resources, field trips, academic competitions and/or travel expenses for these events.
Some important guidelines for all teachers to take into account when they apply for a Teacher Grant:
- Submit your request at least 60 days prior to the beginning of the project
- CHEF will not reimburse after an event takes place
- There will be limits on your requests:
- $500.00 – classroom level
- $1,000.00 – a school or grade level project/trip and/or in-state competition
- $1,500.00 – an out-of-state competition based on winning a state or regional competition
- There is a 4-6 week turnaround time from application until the check is received
- Once a grant is approved:
- The check will be sent from CHEF to your school account
- The check must be written from your school account to the company/organization
- No check will be written to staff, parents, club sponsors or coaches
- These grants will not cover costs for amusement parks, hotel rooms, or meals
- Funding one year does not guarantee funding will be available the following year
- All receipts and reports MUST be submitted by May 30th. Any unspent funds must be returned by June 30th so they will be available for the next fiscal year.
Performing Arts Scholarships (up to $1,000 per student)
Each year CHEF awards three students performing arts scholarships allowing them to advance and cultivate their talent during the summer months.